Completing the following items will ensure the proper processing of your VA benefits. Turn in all documents to the COA VA Certifying Official, La Shawn Brumfield at (510) 748-5284.
- Apply to the College of Alameda.
- Fill out the application at the VA website. Print out your completed application. Return a copy to COA’s certifying official. Click here for more details.
- After completing your VA Application, the VA will send by mail a Certificate of Eligibility outlining the terms of your benefits in 2-8 weeks.
- Submit official transcripts from all previous colleges.
- Submit a copy of DD214 (Discharge from Service Document).
- Complete necessary Placement/Self Assessment Tests in L-226. Call (510) 748-5267 to schedule an appointment.
Meet with Jamar Mears, your Veterans Counselorto complete a Student Education Plan. Call (510) 748-5283 to make an academic counseling appointment.
- Enroll in current semester classes 24-48 hours after applying.
For more information contact VA Certifying Official, La Shawn Brumfield, at (510) 748-5284.