We are updating our Cross Enrollment information. If you are interested in Cross Enrollment, please make an appointment with your counselor or with the Transfer Center. To make an appointment with a counselor click here.
Cross Enrollment with Four-Year Colleges and Universities allows students to:
- Enroll in one lower division class each semester at a participating 4-year school;
- Earn academic credit (lower division) at one of the participating colleges or universities; and
- Gain university experience before you transfer
College of Alameda provides its students the opportunity to enroll concurrently in one lower-division course each semester at any of the participating colleges or universities listed below. The program is designed to increase exposure to a college or university where a student might not otherwise plan to enroll, to allow student access to complete required courses not available at their home campus, and to enable students to test their potential for success in a college or university environment.
1. Prior completion of 20 semester units of transferable coursework with a minimum GPA of 2.4 or higher.
2. Completion of English 1A with “C” or higher.
3. Full-time student status (12 semester units) during the term of participation in the program, including the units for the one course they will be permitted at the University during any academic period.
4. The student’s home campus (majority of units) must be College of Alameda during the semester of application and during the semester enrolled in the concurrent enrollment course. Students taking courses at multiple Peralta Colleges should consult with the Cross Enrollment Coordinator for any issues pertaining to enrollment and home campus determination. Student on Financial Aid also need to receive Aid from College of Alameda only.
5. Students must have completed any prerequisite courses necessary for the course they wish to take at the University.
6. Current Student Educational Plan (SEP) developed with a College of Alameda counselor.
7. Official transcripts from community colleges outside the Peralta District on file.
8. Each student may enroll for only one lower division course per semester at the four-year institution. (Limited 2 courses in student’s lifetime.)
9. Course(s) cannot be offered at College of Alameda or restricted by the four-year institution.
10. Student is not permitted to enroll in a cross enrollment course that has a schedule conflict with student’s College of Alameda class schedule.