Who We Are
The NextUp Program, formerly CAFYES, is designed to promote the success of current and former foster youth enrolled at the College of Alameda. The NextUp Program assists qualified students in balancing their educational needs with financial assistance and additional support services.
The mission of CAFYES is to provide additional services and support to eligible current or former foster youth.
- Enrolling in a minimum of 9 units with the majority of units at College of Alameda at initial semester
- A current or former foster youth in California whose dependency was established or continued by the court on or after the youth’s 16th birthday
- No older than 26 years of age at the beginning of the academic year
Submit your application here NextUp Program Application and stop by the NextUp Office located in Building A-111, with a copy of the Foster Youth Verification letter and meet with a NextUp staff member. Please call 510-748-2107 or email Lydell or Jiayu for more information.
***ALL STUDENTS NEED A VERIFICATION LETTER PROVING THEIR FOSTER CARE STATUS***
THIS LETTER CAN BE OBTAINED THROUGH:
- The County’s Child Welfare Agency
- The County’s Independent Living Program
- The County’s Probation Agency
NEED HELP?? Please call 510-748-2107 or email Lydell or Jiayu to get assistance.
Monday-Friday, 8:00 AM to 4:30 PM
Mission for NextUp Program
The NextUp program is a community that removes barriers and fosters an inspiring environment where students can feel motivated and thrive at College of Alameda.