Who We Are
MESA is a peer and professional support community whose aim is to increase access and opportunities of success in STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Math)-related fields for first-generation, low-income, and under-represented college students. MESA provides resources for students to develop essential academic and leadership skills to achieve success in school, career, life, and STEM-related disciplines.
COUNSELING APPOINTMENTS: Counseling appointments will be held via ZOOM.
Click here to schedule an appointment.
We have an upcoming event for any student who is interested in learning more about the summer internship opportunity at UC Davis for Summer 2021. Students accepted into Prep Medico will receive academic guidance and mentorship from healthcare professionals at the UC Davis Medical Center and Kaiser Permanente hospitals. In addition, students will have many opportunities to engage with doctors and learn about the everyday activities of a practicing physician.
If you are interested in participating, please complete the event registration.
You can click here to register for this event. Once you do so, we will send you the zoom link for the event. The presentation will be from 12:00pm – 12:45pm, so this is a great time for you to join during our school lunch hour.
Congratulation for our Spring 2020 MESA Graduates
|Elvin Yuen||UC San Diego||Human Biology|
|Sherrice Tin||UC Davis||Biochemistry|
|Xinghua Yu||UCLA||Computer Science|
|Fnu Ajmaluddin||SJSU||Computer Science|
|Joseph Koplowitz||UC Berkeley||Physics and Mathematics|
|Sofia Rashid||UC Davis||Biology|
|Fahmida Akter||UC Riverside||Biology|
|Andy Mai||UC San Diego||Electrical Engineering|
|Fionna Zheng||UC Riverside||Biology|
|Rayi Lam||UC Irvine||Computer Engineering|
|Harold Thomas Greathouse||UC Berkeley||Materials Science and Engineering|
|Michelle Hashimi||UC Davis||Psychology (Bio Emphasis)|
|Vanvichny Kong||SFSU||Computer Science|
|Johnny Xian||CSU East Bay||Computer Science|
|Xzavier Bocanegra||CSU East Bay||Public Health|
You are eligible to join if you meet the following:
- You are a first-generation college student, which means that neither one of your parents or guardians completed a college degree. You are still considered a first-generation college student even if you have a sibling that has completed a college degree;
- You come from a historically under-represented background;
- You come from a low-income household; AND
- Your goal is to transfer to a 4-year university to study a major that requires at least 2 semesters of Calculus such as: Biological Sciences, Math, Engineering, Computer Science, Chemistry, Physics, Earth Sciences, Pre-Med, Pre-Pharm, or Pre-Dental.
DREAMERS or students who are undocumented are also eligible to apply.
Unfortunately, international students are not eligible for MESA, but are welcome to participate in the MESA Student Club.
Consult with a MESA staff if you have any questions.
You may submit an application either online
You will then schedule an appointment to meet with our MESA Counselor to complete your intake and see if you qualify as a MESA or Friends of MESA student.
- be enrolled in at least 6 units towards your academic goal;
- meet with a counselor to develop a Student Educational Plan;
- attend at least 1 MESA event per semester;
- volunteer at least 2 hours with a community organization related to your field or with MESA each semester
No, the MESA tutoring and study space is open to ALL students. MESA students get priority tutoring, but no one will be turned away.
Math Engineering Science Achievement (MESA)
MESA Tutor Schedule Fall 2020
|Nicole Harrison||BIO 10 & 1A||OFF||11am – 5pm||12pm – 4pm||11am – 5pm||11am – 2pm|
|Edrees Saied||Physics 4A, 4B, 4C||2 pm – 5 pm||OFF||2pm – 5pm||OFF||11am – 2 pm|
|Thien Nguyen||Chemistry 1A & 1B||OFF||11am – 5pm||OFF||11am – 5pm||OFF|
|Jacob Ahmed||Chemistry 1A & 1B||OFF||11am – 5pm||OFF||11am – 5pm||OFF|
|Vicky Li||Chemistry 30A & 1A||11am – 5pm||OFF||11am – 5pm||OFF||OFF|
To join, visit us at