The College of Alameda Career and Employment Center is a member of the San Francisco Bay Area’s One Stop workforce development system. At our career center you can connect with qualified employees, find out about business opportunities, research state and federal regulations, explore the state’s economic development services, and much more. Our business services representatives provide customized, no-cost assistance to all businesses, including start-ups. Businesses are able to access a variety of services specifically designed to increase their competitiveness to grow their bottom line.
What is OJT?
The term “on-the-job training” means training provided by an employer to a participant on a job where the following conditions are met:
• Training accounts may be available for a reimbursement
• The Employer pays the Trainee the same starting hourly wage as other employees in that classification
• The Trainee is treated as any other employee
• The Trainee gets hired as an employee upon completion of the OJT
Please call (510) 748-5215 for details
Available to employers who hire individuals from certain targeted groups by offering them a federal income tax credit. Please contact your Business Services for more information.
Disabled Access Credit
Helps small businesses cover the cost of making their businesses accessible to persons with disabilities. The maximum amount of the credit is $5,000.
Architectural and Transportation Tax Deduction
Businesses may take an annual deduction of up to $15,000 for expenses incurred to remove architectural and transportation barriers to persons with disabilities and the elderly.
- Research on state and federal regulations, economic development services, and much more
- Workshops and seminars
- Post job announcements in the One Stop Center FREE of charge!
- Participate in job fairs and individual employment recruitments
- Post jobs for temporary employment
- Free use of facilities for interviewing and recruiting
- Pre-screening services for applicant job matching
Call (510) 748-5215 for details.
For More Information
Come into one of our two convenient One-Stop Career Centers:
College of Alameda, Portable P, 555 Ralph Appezzato Memorial Pkwy, Alameda, CA 94501
- Monday, Tuesday and Thursday: 9:30am – 5:30pm
Berkeley Adult School, Room 105, 1701 San Pablo Ave, Berkeley, CA 94704
- Monday, Tuesday and Thursday: 10:00am -4:30pm
- Wednesday: 11:00am – 5:00pm
- Friday: 9:00am – 12:00pm