Who We Are
The Adult Transitions Program is a consortium of Community Colleges and Adult Schools in collaboration with Community Based Organizations to enable adults (18+) to advance education, obtain employment, and improve wages through a comprehensive California partnership. We are working together to help adults achieve any or all of the following specific goals:
- Improve literacy skills
- Complete high school diploma or recognized equivalent
- Complete post-secondary certificate, degree, or training program
- Job placement, and/or
- Improved Wages
What We Do
College of Alameda’s Adult Transitions Program works with its new and existing partners to foster a seamless transition into the Peralta Community College system. To get you started, we can offer an introductory meeting, program presentations, enrollment and financial aid assistance, and college tours. We will soon offer a transitions course that will provide group assistance through the matriculation process. Whether students are seeking degrees to transfer, career education to employment, or a self-study education plan for professional development, we are here to ensure your success.
Partnering with College of Alameda
Please contact Nicole Kelly, Project Manager|Transitions Liaison at firstname.lastname@example.org, 510-748-5250 (office), or 510-671-0985 (cell/text) if you are any of the following:
- You are the representative of an Adult School, Community Based Organization, Court or Community school, or any other entity interested in partnering with the College of Alameda?
- You are a student who is currently enrolled in an Adult School and would like to take classes to help you achieve your high school diploma (or equivalent).
- You are an adult who is interested in college and careers but you do not know where to start.
- You are a working adult who would like to take classes or sign up for a degree or certificate program that would help you advance in your current career.
- You are a working adult who is interested in transitioning from one career to the next and you need a degree or certificate program to help you reach that goal.