Who We Are
The Adult Transitions Program is a consortium of Community Colleges and Adult Schools in collaboration with Community Based Organizations to enable adults (18+) to advance education, obtain employment, and improve wages through a comprehensive California partnership. We are working together to help adults achieve any or all of the following specific goals:
- Improve literacy skills
- Complete high school diploma or recognized equivalent
- Complete post-secondary certificate, degree, or training program
- Job placement, and/or
- Improved Wages
What We Do
College of Alameda’s Adult Transitions Program works with its new and existing partners to foster a seamless transition into the Peralta Community College system. To get you started, we can offer an introductory meeting, program presentations, enrollment and financial aid assistance, and college tours. We also offer a transitions course that will provide group assistance through the matriculation process. Whether students are seeking degrees to transfer, career education to employment, or a self-study education plan for professional development, we are here to ensure your success.
Partnering with College of Alameda
Please contact Nicole Kelly, Project Manager|Transitions Liaison at firstname.lastname@example.org, 510-748-5250 (office), or 510-671-0985 (cell/text) if you are any of the following:
- Adult who is starting college for the first time and needs hands on assistance.
- Adult who is currently enrolled in an Adult School – High School Diploma equivalent program and would like to concurrently enroll with College of Alameda. Tuition is waived for qualifying courses.
- Adult who is interested in English for Speakers of Other Languages (ESOL).
- Working adult who is interested in transitioning from one career to the next and a degree or certificate is needed to achieve that goal.
- Representative of an Adult School, Community Based Organization, Court, Jail or Community school that is interested in partnering with the College of Alameda to achieve client’s academic goals.
Adult Education Transition Program
College of Alameda
Library, Second Floor
Monday to Friday
8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
*Evening appointments available upon request