The listed bold chapters from Brown & Lemay will be covered for sure in Chem 1B. Other topics may be covered as time permits.
- Chapter 15 Chemical Equilibrium
- Chapter 16 Acid-Base Equilibria
- Chapter 17 Additional Aspects of Aqueous Equilibria
- Chapter 19 Thermodynamics
- Chapter 20 Electrochemistry
- Chapter 14 Chemical Kinetics
- Chapter 21 Nuclear Chemistry
- Chapter 9 (9.6, 9.7, 9.8) Molecular Orbital Theory (review quantum first)
- Chapter 18 Chemistry of the Environment
- Chapter 22 Chemistry of the Nonmetals
- Chapter 24 Chemistry of Coordination Compounds
- Chapter 25 Chemistry of Life: Organic and Biological Chemistry
Here are some general chemistry review topics (including Chem 1B material) from Perdue.
Check back regularly for lecture notes with hyperlinks below: