What Is The College of Alameda Promise Scholarship Program?
The College of Alameda (COA) Promise is a pathway for Alameda high school graduates to access a quality college education. Eligible students will receive a year of college without fees. The COA Promise provides students with intensive academic support and college transfer assistance as well as book stipend and a laptop. Interested in the College of Alameda Promise Scholarship?
The College of Alameda Promise aims to:
- Increase the percentage of high school graduates entering college in the city of Alameda
- Strengthen students’ access to career pathways and preparation to join the workforce in Alameda and surrounding areas
- Deepen the connection between College of Alameda and its home community
Interested applicants must:
- Complete an Alameda Promise Application HERE
- Follow the New Students Steps to Success
- First-time college student
- Enroll in 12 units per semester (fall and spring) at COA
- Graduate of Alameda, ASTI, Encinal or Island high school
- Submit a FAFSA or Cal Dream Act application and include COA (006720)
- Attend a Promise Orientation
- Register to Summer Bridge course: COUN 201 (recommended for New Promise Students)