The ACCESO Program provides integrated academic, financial, and student support services throughout Latinx students’ journeys toward attainment of a certificate, degree, or transfer to a university within three years. ACCESO students receive:
- Counseling & Transfer Planning – Dedicated ACCESSO Counselor
- Career Coaching – Connecting students to job opportunities
- Tutoring – Peer tutoring and mentoring
- Smartshops – Preparing students to succeed at CoA and beyond
- Campus-wide cultural events
- A familia at CoA
The ACCESO Center is a comfortable and accessible space on campus where Latinx students and friends gather; hold Club meetings and activities; participate in academic tutoring and smartshops; attend events offered by community-based organizations on topics such as legal rights, health and wellness, employment, and arts and culture; access academic and community resources; or meet with a counselor, instructor (during office hours scheduled at the Center) or peer mentor.
The ACCESO Center offers smartshops and integrated instruction on:
- Academic Success
- Study skills
- Time management
- Professional development
- Budgeting and college financing
- Career coaching and employment assistance
The ACCESO Club is a new student-led leadership group that organizes and advocates for CoA’s Latinx student body.