The following sites will help you learn the skills necessary to avoid plagiarism.
MLA – Modern Language Association
MLA is most commonly used to write papers and cite sources within the liberal arts and humanities.
APA – American Psychological Association
APA is most commonly used to write papers and cite sources within the social sciences.
- APA Handout – 7th edition (Word)
- PA Style Help ( American Psychological Association)
- APA Formatting and Style Guide (Purdue Online Writing Lab)
- APA Sample Paper (Purdue Online Writing Lab)
Chicago Manual of Style
- Chicago Handout (PDF File)
American Sociological Association
Citing Sources and Avoiding Plagiarism
- You Quote It, You Note It! – Westchester Community College (Flash)
- Warning! Plagiarism – Stephen F. Austin State University (Video)
- Plagiarism: How to Avoid It – Bainbridge State College (Video)
- Citation: A (Very) Brief Introduction – North Carolina State University (Video)
- Understanding Plagiarism – Eastern Michigan University (Flash)