Faculty can schedule to bring their class in for a librarian led instruction session. These sessions may include, but are not limited to:
- Demonstration and hands-on use of the library’s electronic and/or print resources.
- Discussion and demonstration of how to evaluate sources and cite sources.
Other Services for Faculty
- Creation of customized library assignments.
- Development of Library research guides for a class, topic or specific assignment.
- Assistance locating free online library sources and incorporating them into your online courses. Instructions For COA Faculty: How to Embed COA Library Materials/Services and OER materials (Open Education Resources, free no-cost) into Canvas
- Embedded librarian to provide research support for your online students.
- Reserve copies of textbooks. Place copies of your textbook on Reserve using the COA Reserve Materials Form.
- Access the Library’s online resources. If you don’t already have an account, request one by submitting the Library Account Registration Form– this form is only for current COA faculty and staff.
To learn more about these services, please email or call the Reference Desk (510-748-2398).