Welcome to the Office of Research, Planning and Institutional Effectiveness (RPIE) at College of Alameda.
Reporting to the President, our work is driven by the Mission-Vision-Values of the College and is dedicated to supporting the institution’s Education Master Plan and strategic priorities as outlined in the College’s annual Strategic Plan. We provide planning, research, and assessment services to help better understand and serve our community, our students, and to support the planning and student success-focused decision-making process at College of Alameda.
All research conducted and used for dialogue, reflection, planning and decision-making comes from data that are accurate, tested for validity and significance, current and complete, and derived from reliable sources. We work in collaboration with the College’s Institutional Effectiveness Committee (IEC) as well as the Peralta District’s Office of Institutional Research.
Program Planning & Assessment
- COA Equity Executive Summary
- BSI-SSSP-Equity Integrated Plan 2018-19
- Program Review & Annual Program Update (APU) Process
- Institutional Learning Outcome Rubric
- Student Learning Outcomes & Assessment
- Assessment Resources
- Program Review Data (dashboards on the left; other program data on each program page)
- College of Alameda Student Equity Plan 2015-16
- College of Alameda Student Support & Success Program (SSSP) Plan 2015-16
- College of Alameda Basic Skills & Student Outcomes Transformation Plan 2016-20 – overview
Research Reports & Data
- CoA Math AB705 Report
- CoA Employee Voice Survey Report 2018
- CoA CCSSE results presentation for College Council Oct 25 2017
- CoA Community College Survey of Student Engagement (CCSSE): 2017 Key Findings
- CoA Employee Voice Survey Report May 2017
- College of Alameda Scorecard Report 2017
- College of Alameda Fact Sheet – 2016
- College of Alameda Fact Book 2016
- Gainful Employment Data
- College of Alameda IPEDS Data Report
- College of Alameda Transfer Data 2003-2013
- COA Strategic Plan Framework 2018-19
- COA Facilities and Technology Master Plan 2018
- President’s Strategic Plan Progress Report Jan 2018
- CoA Strategic Plan 2017-18
- College of Alameda Educational Master Plan 2016-2021
- CoA Mission – Vision – Values
- CoA Goal Statements Only 2015-18
- College of Alameda Integrated Budget & Planning Framework and Timeline
- CoA Integrated Budget and Planning TIMELINE as of March, 2017
- Peralta District Integrated Budget & Planning Calendar 2016-17
- Peralta District Strategic Goals 2016-17
- Institutional Planning and Budget handbook 2015-16
- College of Alameda Enrollment Management Plan 2016-17
Service Area Outcomes
- Faculty, staff, students, and administrators will be able to participate in a transparent institutional planning process focusing on student success.
- Faculty, staff, students, and administrators will be able to access research conducted by the PRIE focusing on student outcomes and their impact of institutional goals and strategies.
- In support of institutional effectiveness, faculty and staff will receive guidance and support in the development and implementation of assessment strategies dedicated to better understand the impact of current practice.