The Distance Education Committee at College of Alameda is charged with reviewing and recommending policies, procedures, and practices to achieve academic excellence and success for online students.
The committee’s charge is to:
- Improve student persistence, retention, success and support services for online students;
- Coordinate ongoing professional development and mentoring support for effective online teaching and learning;
- Recommend policies, procedures and practices for effective online teaching and learning.
In supporting the charge, the committee’s duties may include but are not limited to:
- Evaluating student enrollment, student success and retention data to provide ongoing improvement in distance education.
- Exploring and recommending distance education conferences, grants, trainings, multi-college collaborations and other opportunities.
- Promoting and disseminating effective practices, trainings and workshops.
- Recommending policies, procedures and practices that align with state and federal distance education guidelines.
- Promoting equitable access in distance education.
- Advocating for resources and academic support services that improve outcomes for online students.
- Providing ongoing assessment of the learning management system.
- Participating on the District Distance Education Committee and/or other related participatory governance constituencies.
- Sharing distance education current events and issues with the college community.
2021-2022 Committee Members
Please contact Academic Senate President Matthew Goldstein at firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in joining this committee.