We are the campus student government association:
- Representing student concerns to administration
- Planning campus activities for your enjoyment
We are always looking for self-motivated, responsible students. To join our board. Serve on a campus committee. Or volunteer for an event.
Stop by our office on the 2nd floor of the Student Center–F-212. And say hello.
The Associated Students of College of Alameda (ASCOA) Senate exist to be a voice for students while providing activities and services that improve the student experience.
General ASCOA and standing committee meetings are open to the public.
Check back Fall 2020 for updated meeting schedule.
Elections will be held Fall 2020 to elect new executive officers and senators.
- 2.0 cumulative GPA
- Enrolled in 5 semester units at College of Alameda
- Good standing with College and/or PCCD
- Students that have already served 3 years or 6 semesters on the ASCOA are not eligible
- Represent the students’ views in the shared governance process
- Opportunity to build leadership and public speaking skills
- A chance to expand your network and develop professional relationships.
- Travel to state and national leadership conferences representing College of Alameda students
- Gain experience and build your resume
- Scholarship opportunities
Senators are expected to:
- Attend weekly mandatory meetings. For the fall 2019 semester, meetings are every Friday from 12-1pm
- Complete a minimum of 4 office hours each week
- Serve on at least one campus committee
- Assist with planning ASCOA events and activities
- Additional tasks and responsibilities may be expected