Friday May 24, 2019 at 2:00 p.m.
College of Alameda Soccer Field
555 Ralph Appezzato Memorial Parkway, Alameda, CA 94501
All guests ages 3 years and older must have a ticket to enter the ceremony. Each graduate will receive four (4) tickets for their guests. Graduates do not need a ticket.
Parking lots B, C and D provide the best access to the Soccer Field. Parking permits are not required.
All guests seating on the Soccer Field bleachers will be in direct sunlight. Umbrellas will not be allowed. The first row of the bleachers includes six (6) wheelchair accessible seating areas. All guests seating is first come first serve.
For the comfort of families and guests, the following suggestions may make the Commencement ceremony more enjoyable:
- Arrive early to ensure entrance into the event. Doors open at 12:30 p.m. and will close at 1:45 p.m. for the processional
- Dress for the heat; light clothing is advisable
- Hats, visors, and sun block are highly recommended
- Water will be available for guests and graduates
- Umbrellas and balloons will not be permitted, as they block the view of other guests
- Noisemakers, drums, drones, air horns, megaphones, etc., are not allowed
- No smoking, alcohol or food allowed
- Due to safety regulations, strollers are not allowed on the track and/or in the bleachers. Guests are advised to leave strollers in their vehicles.
Review the Frequently Asked Questions page for additional information
All campus parking lots have designated disability parking. The main entrance into the Soccer field is accessible. Ramps are located on either side of the bleachers. The first row of the bleachers includes six (6) wheelchair accessible seating areas. All guest seating is first come first serve. Interpreters will be available for graduates and guest throughout the ceremony. Graduates in need of seating accommodations can notify the Office of Student Activities on the Commencement RSVP form. Contact the Office of Student Activities at 748-5296 with questions and accommodation requests.
- Contact the Office of Student Activities at 510-748-5296 with questions regarding the commencement ceremony
- Contact Admissions and Records at 510-748-2228 with questions regarding petitions, degrees, certificates, transcripts, etc.