Associated Students of College of Alameda
Spring 2020 Senate Elections
Get Involved in Your Community
The ASCOA is seeking self-motivated, reliable and talented students. That enjoy helping others. And what to get involved in the campus community.
- Plan campus life events that improve the student experience
- Share your opinion on campus decisions
- Build leadership and public speaking skills
- Grow your network and develop professional relationships
- Travel to state and national leadership conferences
- Gain experience and build your resume
All students are required to have:
- A minimum 2.0 cumulative GPA
- Be enrolled in a minimum of five (5) semester units at the College of Alameda
- Be in good standing with the College and District. Students on academic, progress and/or disciplinary probation CANNOT serve on the ASCOA
Additionally, students that have already served three (3) terms and/or completed a total of six (6) semesters on the Senate are ineligible to serve another term.
Summary of the Election Process
Read the Road Map to Office to learn the 5 steps you will need to complete, to run for ASCOA.
To apply for the ASCOA Senate Elections complete the:
- Online Candidate Application (paper applications will not be accepted)
March 26th Update: Due to the recent shelter in place order and the cancellation of on campus classes, candidates are no longer required to collect signatures and submit the Petition Form. Candidates only need to submit the online application by the NEW deadline, Friday April 17, 2020 at 5:00 p.m.
|Applications Available||Tuesday February 11th||8:00 a.m.||Online|
|Application Deadline||Friday April 17th||5:00 p.m.||Online|
|Candidate Orientations||Week of April 27th||TBA||Canvas|
|Campaign Period Begins||May 4th-May 8th||8:00 a.m.||Online/Social Media|
|Online Voting Begins||Tuesday May 11th||8:00 a.m.||Online|
|Online Voting Ends||Wednesday May 12th||11:59 p.m.||Online|
|Election Results Posted||Friday May 15th||Online|
|Protest Form Deadline||Wednesday May 20th||5:00 p.m.||Online|
*Candidate applications must be submitted online using the online form. Election Petition forms must be printed and submitted to the Student Activities office by the deadline. NO EXCEPTIONS
Election Procedures and Related Documents
- AP 3900 Time, Place and Manner
- ASCOA Constitution
- ASCOA Bylaws