Get Involved in Your Community
The ASCOA is seeking self-motivated, reliable and talented students. That enjoy helping others. And want to get involved in the campus community.
- Plan campus life events that improve the student experience
- Share your opinion on campus decisions
- Build leadership and public speaking skills
- Grow your network and develop professional relationships
- Travel to state and national leadership conferences
- Gain experience and build your resume
All students are required to have:
- A minimum 2.0 cumulative GPA
- Be enrolled in a minimum of five (5) semester units at the College of Alameda
- Be in good standing with the College and District. Students on academic, progress and/or disciplinary probation CANNOT serve on the ASCOA
Additionally, students that have already served three (3) terms and/or completed a total of six (6) semesters on the Senate are ineligible to serve another term.
The application deadline has passed. Students interested in running as a write-in candidate can submit the ASCOA Election Petition for Write-in Candidates by Monday April 15th. Write-in candidates are required to meet GPA and enrollment requirements.