We offer elementary and intermediate Vietnamese language courses, with a focus on introducing students to Vietnamese language and culture. Our courses satisfy Foreign Language requirements at 4-year colleges and universities, provide marketable foreign language skills and offer cultural enrichment.
Though our coursework, you will be able to:
- Communicate with native speakers at home and worldwide
- Increase your employment potential
- Improve your memory and cognitive skills
- Enhance travel worldwide
Learning languages can also expand the heart and mind and help us in our search to understand who we are as human beings.
- Grammatical Proficiency. Speak, write and comprehend Vietnamese with accuracy as students advance through the course levels.
- Language Skill Application. Understand and communicate with native speakers in Vietnamese with cultural fluency through the progressive skill levels and in conjunction with course content.
- Cultural Knowledge. Demonstrate cultural and historical understanding of the societies associated with Vietnamese as students advance through the course levels.
Program Learning Outcomes (PLOs) may be assessed using:
- Review of collected data
- Other methods
Courses should be taken in numerical/ letter order, beginning with VIET 1A: Elementary Vietnamese
People who speak and write the Vietnamese language are in demand as teachers (both as Vietnamese teachers in the states, and English teachers in Vietnam), translators, travel agents, and in media and public relations.