English as a Second Language (ESL)
Welcome to the College of Alameda ESOL department for non-native English learners! We are a small and special English program dedicated to helping you reach your goals in English.
Visit the ESOL Onboarding site.
- Everyday use
- Academic purposes (college and university)
- Vocational and career purposes
- Beginner beginners (non-credit)- link to page with SLO’s and class descriptions
- Beginners (level 1)- link page with SLO’s & class descriptions for level 1
- Intermediate learners (level 2)- link
- High-intermediate learners (level 3)- link
- Advanced learners (level 4) – link
- Listening and Speaking
- Reading and Writing
- Do you need help becoming a new student and understanding Guided Self-Placement (link to GSP)
- Do you need help enrolling in classes (link to a page with Johanna’s videos and COA new student page)
- Do you have questions about our ESOL program?
I went to College of Alameda for the first time because my manager asked me to go. I chose College of Alameda for the prestige. As soon as I finished my English classes, I got a promotion and a better salary at my work.Moises Neira
I want to be an Accountant and I need to improve my English. I believe I can reach my goal by working at College of Alameda.Mo Alkamel