NEW & RETURNING PLAYER INFORMATION: Volleyball Practice, Pre-Season and Off-Season
PHYSICAL EXAMS MUST BE COMPLETED AFTER JULY 15th AND BEFORE AUGUST 15th. STUDENT-ATHLETE’S ELIGIBILITY FORMS, UNIFORM SIZING, ETC. WILL BE COMPLETED PRIOR TO THE FIRST DAY OF PRACTICE.
– Obtain all intercollegiate forms and paperwork from athletic department or head coach
– All student-athletes must have their physical exams completed prior to August 15th
– Form 1 must be completed by August 15th
– Form C (players who live outside of the colleges recruiting area “Alameda County”)
– Tracer form must be completed for those student-athletes transferring from another college
– Must be enrolled in ATHL 71 (intercollegiate volleyball) – Fall semester
– Must be enrolled in KIN 58 or 60 (strength and fitness training) – Fall semester
TEAM PRACTICE BEGINS AUGUST 15TH AT 12:30PM-3:00PM
– Must have all paperwork completed
– Must be enrolled in a minimum of 12 academic units during the Fall semester (enrolled in classes between 8:00am-12:00noon)
– Must also be enrolled in the volleyball course ATHL 71
– Any questions, please contact Coach Thompson at (510) 388-6185.
Off-Season and Pre-Season Strength Training/Conditioning:
-Returning, transferring, and incoming high school players should weight train during the off season in order to be physically fit prior to volleyball practice season which begins on August 15th.
-Recommend players enrolled in KIN 120 (volleyball course) and KIN 58/60 (strength and conditioning) during the Spring semester and Summer session.
Spring Non-Traditional Volleyball Season (Spring Semester)
The Cougar volleyball team participates in three volleyball tournaments during the Spring semester (during March and April). Students must be enrolled in KIN 120 – Volleyball Course to participate.