NEW & RETURNING PLAYER INFORMATION: Volleyball Practice, Pre-Season and Off-Season
Published March 5th, 2015 in
STUDENT-ATHLETE’S FORMS, PHYSICAL EXAM (Dated July 1st or after), UNIFORM SIZING, ETC. MUST BE COMPLETED PRIOR TO THE FIRST DAY OF PRACTICE
– Obtain all intercollegiate forms and paperwork from athletic department
– All student-athletes must have their physical exams completed prior to practicing
– Form 1 must be completed
– Form C (players who live outside of the colleges recruiting area “Alameda County”)
– Tracer form must be completed for those student-athletes transferring from another college
– Must be enrolled in ATHL 71 (intercollegiate volleyball) – Fall semester
– Must be enrolled in KIN 58 or 60 (strength and fitness training) – Fall semester
TEAM PRACTICE BEGINS AUGUST 15TH AT 12:30PM-3:30PM
– Must have all paperwork completed
– Must be enrolled in a minimum of 14 academic units (enrolled in classes between 8:00am-12:00noon) – Fall semester
– Any questions, please contact Coach Thompson at (510) 388-6185
Off-Season and Pre-Season Strength Training/Conditioning:
Returning, transferring, and incoming high school players should weight train during the off season in order to be physically fit prior to volleyball practice season which begins on August 15th.
Recommend players enrolled in KIN 120 (volleyball course) and KIN 58/60 (strength and conditioning) during the Spring semester and Summer session.
Spring Non-Traditional Volleyball Season (Spring Semester):
The Cougar volleyball team participates in three volleyball tournaments during the Spring semester (during March and April). Students must be enrolled in KIN 120 – Volleyball Course to participate.