Website Training Materials
- For optimal viewing of the site, update your browser to most recent version available.
- For editing pages on the site, we recommend latest version of Chrome or Mozilla Firefox (version 12). If you login to edit and see a notice at the top of your Dashboard that the Browser is out-of-date and a security risk, log out immediately and contact the IT Dept. to update Firefox or Chrome before logging in again.
- How to Add Upload and a link to a Handout (ex. doc, pdf, ppt files) on your webpage.
- Introductory Tutorial from Jane (YouTube) – watch this video before you meet with her.
- Training-Handout-Intro-Level – last updated 1/31/2013- (word doc)
- Training Handout – NextGen Galleries – (word doc) covers adding a Slideshow to the top of a page and/or adding randomly selected images from a gallery to the area of the page under the left side navigation links.
- How to embed a video box on a page (word doc)
- Coming Soon – Adding a Contact Form – before you can use this feature, you must e-mail the site administrator to have it set-up for your site.
- Coming Soon – Adding and Events Page and Calendar – before you can use this feature, you must e-mail the site administrator to have it set-up for your site.
- Password Protecting a Page – go to the page in your Dashboard, in the upper right corner of the page (within the editor), find the Visibility field and click on Edit (to the right of it), select the radio button in front of password protected, type in a password you want to use for the page, and click on the ok button. Then click on the blue Update button.