Starting Your VA Benefits at the College of Alameda
Completing the following items will ensure the proper processing of your VA benefits. Turn in all documents to the COA VA Certifying Official, La Shawn Brumfield at (510) 748-2203.
- Apply to the College of Alameda.
- Fill out the application at the VONAPP website. Print out your completed application. Return a copy to COA’s certifying official. Click here for more details.
- After completing your VA Application, the VA will send by mail a Certificate of Eligibility outlining the terms of your benefits.
- Submit official transcripts from all previous colleges.
- Submit a copy of your DD214.
- Complete necessary Placement/Assessment Tests in L-237. Call (510) 748-2307 to make an appointment.
- Meet with a COA Veterans Counselor to complete a Student Education Plan. Call (510) 748 2209 to make an academic counseling appointment.
- Enroll in current semester classes.
For more information contact VA Certifying Official, La Shawn Brumfield, at (510) 748-2203.