Credit for Military Experience

Completion of a minimum of one year’s active duty with the Armed Forces of the United States, including completion of a basic or recruit training program and receipt of an honorable discharge, provides six semester units toward the Associate degree if this credit has not previously been applied toward a high school diploma.

The VA Office will submit the DD214 to the Office of Admissions to obtain the credit once the 12 semester units has been completed at the Peralta Colleges. If the veteran has completed courses taken during military service, the VA Office will request evaluation of the ACE or SMART transcripts from the Office of Admissions and Records.

Check with your VA academic counselor for more details.Military Symbols