Discover UC Davis Tour
Friday, February 24, 2017
All Day Event – Transportation to and from UC Davis included
Scholarships for DREAMers Scholarships for First Time College Students & Community College Graduates
HBCU Transfer Guarantees – New!
The Transfer Center provides a variety of services and workshops for students interested in transferring to a four-year college/university. College of Alameda embodies a diverse population of students; many of which are first generation college-bound. Faculty and staff here at College of Alameda are strongly committed to helping our students achieve academic success and offer a wide variety of resources on campus.
Transfer Center Services
- Scheduling appointments to meet with four-year college and university representatives
- Assistance in learning how to use online admissions resources:
- Online application assistance
- TAG agreements transfer admission guarantee to UC Davis, UC Irvine, UC Merced, UC Riverside, UC Santa Barbara, and UC Santa Cruz (For more information on UC TAG requirements click here)
- Access to a resource library of online and hard copy catalogs for California and out-of-state four-year colleges and universities, directories, college videos, and other reference publications on higher education
- Student work station (internet access) and study area
- Tours to local four-year colleges and universities
- Student Mentoring
- Annual fall semester “Transfer Day” event where students can meet admissions representatives from over 40 four-year colleges and universities
- Transfer Workshops
- Concurrent Enrollment Program (CEP)
Cross Enrollment with Four-Year Colleges and Universities allows students to:
- Enroll in one lower division class each semester at a participating 4-year school;
- Earn academic credit (lower division) at one of the participating colleges or universities; and
- Gain university experience before you transfer
College of Alameda provides its students the opportunity to enroll concurrently in one lower-division course each semester at any of the participating colleges or universities listed above. The program is designed to increase exposure to a college or university where a student might not otherwise plan to enroll, to allow student access to complete required courses not available at their home campus, and to enable students to test their potential for success in a college or university environment.
- Prior completion of 20 semester units of transferable coursework with a minimum GPA of 2.4 or higher.
- Completion of English 1A with “C” or higher.
- Full-time student status (12 semester units) during the term of participation in the program, including units for the one concurrently enrolled course.
- Student must have College of Alameda as their home campus (majority of units) during the semester of application and during the semester enrolled in the concurrent enrollment course. Students taking courses at multiple Peralta Colleges should consult with the Concurrent Enrollment Coordinator for any issues pertaining to enrollment and home campus determination. Student on Financial Aid should receive Aid from College of Alameda only.
- Student must have completed any prerequisite courses necessary for the course they wish to take concurrently.
- Student must have a current Student Educational Plan (SEP) developed with a College of Alameda counselor on file.
- Official transcripts from community colleges outside the Peralta District on file.
- Students may enroll one lower division course per semester for a total of two courses.
- Cannot have a 4-year Degree or equivalent from a foreign university or have previously been admitted to or attended a 4-year institution.
- Course(s) cannot be offered at College of Alameda or restricted by the four-year institution.
- Student is not permitted to enroll in a Concurrent course that has a schedule conflict with student’s College of Alameda class schedule.
For more information about program eligibility criteria and participation in the program, please contact the Transfer Center.