Student Government (ASCOA)
The Associated Students of College of Alameda (ASCOA) have formed a student government designed to assist and improve campus environment.
Goals for the 2016-2017 school year of :
- Raise Campus Spirit and Build a Stronger Community
- Increase Activities Around Campus
- Improve Campus Infrastructure
- Retention and Persistence
BENEFITS OF JOINING ASCOA:
- Represent the students’ views in the shared governance process.
- Opportunity to build leadership and public speaking skills.
- A chance to expand your network and develop professional relationships.
- Travel to state and national leadership conferences to represent College of Alameda.
- Gain experience and build your resume.
- Scholarship opportunities.
On behalf of the ASCOA Elections Committee, we would like to congratulate our newly elected Associated Students of College of Alameda cabinet and Peralta District Trustees for the 2017 – 2018 academic year! The results are as follows:
PCCD Student Trustees
David Ivan Cruz
A special thank you to ALL of the candidates and we hope you will take advantage of the other opportunities still available for you to serve through student government and campus organizations. In addition, thank you to the Elections Committee Members, Voting Poll Volunteers and STUDENTS! Thank you to all the students that voted!
Senator Applications will reopen July 2017. To apply, click this link: http://tinyurl.com/ascoaapply2017 ~Rolling deadline as long there are senate vacancies~
AS Applications are closed and will reopen Spring 2018
Look out for future opportunities to serve in a variety of leadership positions on campus
College of Alameda will always need you! Though AS applications have closed, opportunities always come up throughout the year. Please consider attending our weekly meetings every Wednesday at 4:00 PM in Rm 216 to find out more about what is happening on campus and remain engaged in the community. Get involved, make a positive change within the Peralta Community College District, and on your campus. For additional information or questions, please contact the Office of Student Activities and Campus Life.
Student Center F – Building, Room F-217 (510) 748-2327