|Click on this button to see a list of scholarships available specifically for College of Alameda students. This list includes Peralta Foundations Scholarships. .|
|Click on this button to see a list of external scholarships for college students. Remember that you must report all external scholarships to COA Financial Aid Office.|
|Click on this button for more resources on scholarships.|
Things to keep in mind during your scholarship search…
- Don’t rule yourself out. Scholarships are not limited to class valedictorians and star athletes. They are awarded based on a number of factors—from your career goals to exceptional writing skills displayed in an essay contest.
- Apply for as many awards as you qualify for. Even small awards can be helpful in covering costs, such as books.
- Pay close attention to deadlines. Missing a deadline is a sure way to become disqualified.
- Look for scholarships offered by a variety of sources, including companies, unions, foundations, community organizations, churches, and more.
- Tell family, friends, teachers, and others in your community that you are looking for scholarships. They may know something you do not.
- Understand the conditions of an award, such as maintaining a specific GPA or participating on an athletic team.
- Watch for scholarship scams. You should never pay for scholarship advice or information.
- If you receive a scholarship, be sure to write a thank-you note to the organization. You may want to reapply for the scholarship in the future so it is important to make a good impression.