The following services are available at College of Alameda and are offered at no additional cost to students. Services at any Peralta college are available to all Peralta students.
Mental health Services hours:
Substance Abuse Support Groups
HIV Testing Hours:
♦Room F-105 and F-116
♦Campus quad in red van
♦Francis Bugarin, L.Ac.Licensed Acupuncturist and Herbalist
♦Evan Schloss, LMFT, LPCC
♦Annie Chen, LMFT
♦Mei-Hua Gee, MFTI
♦Evan Schloss, LMFT, LPCC
♦Berkeley Free Clinic
For a compete list of services for all Peralta students, including COA, please visit our District-Wide Health Services website.
Students have the right to privacy and can expect that right will be respected in Health Services. No one other than Health Services personnel may have access to heath-related information about a student without his/her written consent.
We believe that good health is essential to student success. Health Services actively promotes self-care and wellness.
- We are committed to providing health education, selected health and prevention programs, and early illness prevention to better enable students to fulfill their personal and educational goals.
- Our programs are designed around a concept of wellness that integrates all the elements of a student’s life: physical, emotional, social, spiritual, intellectual and occupational.
- It is hoped that students will be empowered to make positive choices which contribute to academic success, academic retention and future contributions to the community.
YOUR HEALTH RIGHTS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
To be treated with respect and dignity, regardless of your gender, race, ethnicity, national origin, culture, sexual orientation, class, physical ability, lifestyle or other human attribute.
- To know the names and professional status of the people serving you.
- To privacy: you can expect that discussions, examination and treatments will be conducted in a private environment.
- To confidentiality of your records: your permission must be obtained before we give any information to anyone not directly connected to your care. There are limited exceptions required by law, such as reporting certain communicable diseases.
- To be informed about services and any related costs.
- To be honest about your medical history and answer any questions fully.
- To ask about anything you do not understand.
- To follow advice and instructions.
- To arrive on time or cancel in advance any scheduled appointments.
- To be responsible for fees, if any.
Other Health Services:
For information regarding the health fee, please go to the Student Health Services website.
For information on the Employee Assistance Program: 1-800-999-7222
Emergencies: Quick Reference Guide for what to do in emergencies. Includes some first aid procedures.
Sexual Violence-Prevention &Education: Information, policies and resources for responding to sexual assault
Resources and Referral Information: Information regarding community health-related resources and referral agencies.
- CDC: Injury Prevention & Control
- CDC: Sexual Violence page
- Best Colleges: Sexual Assault Information
- Ask Alice
- Crisis Support Services
- Medicine Net
- Web MD
- Student Mental Health Program
The Mission of College of Alameda is to serve the educational needs of its diverse
community by providing comprehensive and flexible programs and resources that
empower students to achieve their goals.