Additional GSA Resources
Tracy House: Transgender Resources and Advocacy Center for Youth (new and historic East Bay drop in center specifically created for the transgender and gender non-conforming citizens) 1201 46th Ave. Oakland, CA 94602 (510) 842-3982 Email: email@example.com
- Rainbow Community Center 3024 Willow Pass Rd., Ste. 200, Concord, CA 9451. Phone: 925/692-0090
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Married/Once Married/Gay/Bisexual Multicultural Men’s Support Groups.
- Our Family Coalition: promotes the equality and well-being of lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and queer families with children. We foster community leadership in advocacy efforts that promote social justice. http://www.ourfamily.org 401 Grand Avenue, Suite 400, Oakland, CA 94610 Phone: (510) 332‑0496
- GAY FUTURE DADS : Call 510-337-1533 for info. a social group for gay men interested in parenting. GFD consists primarily of single men, as well as couples, considering having children or who already have children.
- EAST BAY NETWORK
East Bay Network (EBN) is an active organization dedicated to providing a social environment, activities and information for the adult gay, lesbian, bisexual community of the San Francisco Bay Area and beyond.
- The Lighthouse Community Center 1217 A Street, Hayward, CA 94541. Phone: 510/881-8167 www.lgbtlighthouse.com/Email: email@example.com Men’s Support Group.
- Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, Queer, Questioning, Intersex & 2-Spirit for the East Bay and the San Francisco Bay Area. See another extensive list of hotlines and resources @ http://www.eastbaypride.com/
- Pacific Center for Human Growth 2712 Telegraph Ave., Berkeley, CA 94705 Phone: 510/548-8283 Website: www.pacificcenter.org/ Email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Numerous support groups and opportunities for support and therapy.
- The San Francisco Lesbian/Gay/Bisexual/Transgender Community Center 415.865.5555; www.sfcenter.org/ Home to a dynamic range of organizations and activities that support the needs of LGBT individuals of every race, gender, age, sexuality and socioeconomic status.
- Asian and Pacific Islander Family Pride P.O. Box 473, Fremont, CA 94537, 510-818-0887 l www.apifamilypride.org/ The mission of Asian and Pacific Islander Family Pride is to end the isolation of Asian and Pacific Islander families with lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender members through support, education, and dialog.
- Billy DeFrank Community Center 938 The Alameda, San Jose, CA 95126 408-293-2429 l www.defrank.org/ Billy DeFrank LGBT Community Center will provide Community, Leadership, Advocacy, Support, and Services to Silicon Valley’s LGBT people and allies.
Spectrum LGBT Center: an extensive list of national and local legal and social resources @ http://www.spectrumlgbtcenter.org/resources/lgbt-resources/
Speech – “History is a Weapon” by Huey Newton, founder of the Black Panthers, given August 15, 1970 on alliances with the Women’s and Gay Liberation movement
Hope Speech, (excerpt & voice over & video, 1978) by Harvey Milk, 1st openly gay elected official, murdered in 1978 by Dan White (city supervisor & former police office)
Video of Signing Ceremony that ended “Don’t Ask, Don’t Tell!
HELP REINVENT/RE-ENERGIZE THIS CLUB !