COA Gay-Straight Alliance
The purpose of a Gay-Straight Alliance is
- to provide a safe community place for LGBTQ, Straight, and Questioning students and staff of all races, ethnicities, sexual orientations/gender identities and creeds
- to meet, support each other, talk about issues related to sexual orientation
- to foster diversity and work to end homophobia and prejudice against LGBT people.
- for all COA LGBTQ students & allies!
- to become a community-creating support system to help assist COA students, faculty, and staff in acquiring essential life skills as an open and “out” LGBT person,
- and to have access to information about local resources for LGBT people.
The COA-GSA intends to emphasize, support, and nurture unique qualities, gifts, and issues expressed by the multi-cultural, multi-ethnic, muti-racial diversity of the LGBT community.
For more information contact: Dr. Luis Escobar, Director of Student Activities and Campus Life