Academic Counseling and Support Services
DSPS provides support services for students with disabilities enrolled at the College of Alameda. Accommodations are determined for each individual student, based on the specific impact of their disability on their academic work. Not all students will be eligible for all services.
Some of our services include:
- Academic Counseling and Educational Program Planning
- Adapted Computer Equipment & Assistive Technology
- Alternate Format Media (Braille, Large Print, E-text, Tactile Graphics)
- Assistive Listening Devices
- Cognitive Skills Classes
- Diagnostic Testing for Learning Disabilities
- Learning Skills Classes for Math and English
- Note Taking Assistance
- Priority Enrollment/Registration Assistance
- Sign Language Interpreting and Real-Time Captioning
- Testing Accommodations
To learn more about the College of Alameda DSPS program, or to make an appointment with a DSPS Counselor please call 510-748-2328.