Academic Counseling and Support Services
DSPS provides support services for students with disabilities enrolled at the college. Because accommodations are determined for each individual student, based on how the disability affects learning, your counselor will discuss with you which of the following services would be appropriate.
Services may include:
- Academic, personal, transfer, and vocational counseling
- College program planning
- Diagnostic testing
- Priority registration and enrollment assistance
- Information about eligibility for fee waivers
- Support services personnel such as notetakers, real-time captioners, sign language interpreters, and scribes
- Testing accommodations
- Liaison with four-year colleges and community agencies
- Liaison with the Department of Rehabilitation and the Regional Center
- Instructional materials in alternate media, such as braille, large print, electronic text (e-text), tactile graphics, and audio tape
- Access to adapted computer equipment and other assistive technology
To learn more about the program or to make an appointment with DSPS Counselors Becky Sanchez or Debbie Green, please call to make an appointment. 510-748-2328.