Welcome to the College of Alameda Counseling Department
Counseling Department & Welcome Center Hours for
Fall 2015 & Spring 2016:
Monday 8:00am- 6:30pm
Tuesday- Friday: 8:00am – 4:30pm
NOTE: Counseling may stop accepting students 1 hour before the Welcome Center closes . Please call (510) 748-2209 for details.
A Building, Administration
555 Ralph Appezzato Memorial Pkwy, Alameda, CA 94501
Phone: (510) 748-2209 Fax: (510) 748-5208
The Counseling Department offers a wide range of professional counseling services for enrolled and prospective students. These services include:
- Educational planning for degrees, occupational certificates, and transfer to four year colleges/universities
- Evaluation of transcripts for graduation and transfer
- Help in providing study skills
- Help with academic challenges
- Personal counseling and referral to off-campus services
- Classes and workshops including: Coun 201: Orientation to College, Coun 221: Preparing for Transfer, Coun 24: Academic Success, and Coun 57: Career/Life Planning
- e-Counseling services for College of Alameda students.
- Clear Pre-requisite and Matriculation Holds (see below under counseling forms)
(SUPPORTING DOCUMENTATION REQUIRED)
Exemption from Student Success and Support Services Form (Matriculation)
(PLEASE READ INSTRUCTIONS BEFORE FILLING OUT)
Fax to: (510) 748-5208
Note: All new matriculating students must complete the mandatory online orientation prior to submitting Exemption from Student Success and Support Services form. Failure to do so may delay processing your paperwork.
Also: If you are planning on enrolling in any course that has prerequisites, please also fill out and submit a Prerequisite Clearance Request Form in addition to your Matriculation Exemption form with supporting documentation.
Before registering for your classes, please check to see if your class has a prerequisite. Any prerequisites must be cleared before enrolling into classes.
Fax to: (510) 748-5208
Fall 2016 TAG Workshop Schedule
The primary goal of counseling is to provide the necessary academic support services for students to succeed at the College of Alameda. The counselors are an integral part of the education process, recognizing the need of each student with whom they come into contact.
Counselors provide current and valid information, using many resources, so that the student is prepared to investigate alternatives, establish priorities, and develop an Educational Plan.
On behalf of the Counselors and Counseling Staff, we wish you all the best in your academic and professional endeavors and look forward to meeting you soon!