The Counseling Department offers a wide range of professional counseling services for enrolled and prospective students. These services include:
- Educational planning for degrees, occupational certificates, and transfer to four year colleges/universities
- Evaluation of transcripts for graduation and transfer
- Help in providing study skills
- Help with academic challenges
- Personal counseling and referral to off-campus services
- Classes and workshops including: Coun 200A: Orientation to College, Coun 221: Preparing for Transfer, Coun 24: Academic Success, and Coun 57: Career/Life Planning
- e-Counseling services for distance education/online students
- Prerequisite Clearance Request Form
- Exemption from Student Success and Support Services
The primary goal of counseling is to provide the necessary academic support services for students to succeed at the College of Alameda. The counselors are an integral part of the education process, recognizing the need of each student with whom they come into contact.
Counselors provide current and valid information, using many resources, so that the student is prepared to investigate alternatives, establish priorities, and develop an Educational Plan.
On behalf of the Counselors and Counseling Staff, we wish you all the best in your academic and professional endeavors and look forward to meeting you soon!
NOTE: Counseling may stop accepting students 1 hour before the Welcome Center closes.
Counseling Department, A Building, Administration, (510) 748-2209