MESA Program at College of Alameda Mathematics Engineering Science Achievement
Empowering Students to Excel in STEM Majors & Become Tomorrow’s Leaders in Science, Engineering, and Math
MESA is a peer and professional support community whose sole aim is to increase access and opportunities of success in STEM-related fields to students who are the first in their family to graduate college, and come from a low-income and historically underrepresented background. We provide resources and support to MESA students to cultivate essential academic skills, develop leadership, and achieve success in school, career, life, and STEM-related fields.
WE ARE ACTIVELY ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS FROM STUDENTS INTERESTED IN JOINING MESA!! Please help us spread the word!
- Are you a future MESA student?
- Do you want to transfer to study a STEM-related field?
SUBMITTING A MESA APPLICATION IS EASY!
We accept online applications, paper applications, and emailed applications.
THE MESA CENTER—Space where you can study for science and math courses with your fellow students
- The MESA Center is located in 860 Atlantic Avenue, Room 125, and is available for CoA students to study and collaborate with their fellow students. Computers and a wide selection of reference texts are available to students. The MESA Center is open five days a week, Monday through Friday.
SCIENCE AND MATH TUTORING FROM PEER TUTORS AND FACULTY
- Get help in that math class that’s been bothering you. Or maybe that chemistry class. Or just about any science or math class at CoA. Get help from the people who’ve taken those classes and from the people who teach it. Tutoring is available in the MESA Center Monday through Friday. Click here to visit our tutoring page to check what courses we are able to tutor and to look at our tutoring schedules.
ACADEMIC EXCELLENCE WORKSHOPS
Our specially trained Academic Excellence Workshop Facilitators offer engaging and in-depth coverage bi-weekly in small, collaborative study sessions in the following subjects:
For more info, email email@example.com
ACADEMIC AND CAREER COUNSELING specializing in STEM transfer goals and college and success
- Have questions about what transfers to UC or CSU? Want help with internship and scholarship applications? Want to build your college success skills and learn how to manage stress and the challenges of balancing work, school, and family commitments? You can also make an appointment with the MESA counselor by emailing: firstname.lastname@example.org.
STEM SUCCESS WORKSHOPS, MENTORING, STEM COMPANY TOURS, INTERNSHIPS, AND CONFERENCES
- How do I study math? What does it take to be a physicist? How can I see what it’s like to be a geologist? I want to be a Doctor but I don’t know where to start! The MESA Coordinators and Counselor can help answer your questions. We can connect you with the CoA professors who teach the subjects (who often have practiced their craft professionally before teaching) and people in industry. We can also help finding scholarship opportunities and arranging internships.
BE PART OF THE MESA FAMILY!
WE LOOK FORWARD TO MEETING YOU!
MESA Center Hours of Operation
Monday: 10 am-5:30 pm
Tuesday: 10 am-6 pm
Wednesday: 10 am-5:30 pm
Thursday: 10 am-6 pm
Friday: 12 pm-5 pm
College of Alameda Science Annex