Helpful Resources/Forms

Resources for CalWORKs/Care Students

Frequently Used Forms

This link provides forms that College of Alameda uses for CalWORKs intake and County forms.

My Benefits CalWIN

This website is a website to view your Cash aid, Calfresh (food stamps) and Medi-cal benefits information.  Simply sign up using your social security number and other information to get all your benefits in one place.  It’s also a great website to use to apply/renew your benefits.

211 Alameda County

This is a great resource for anyone to find housing, food pantries, medical care, free tax preparation websites, and emergency shelter.  They have phone operators 24/7 who can help you connect to resources to help support you!

Their phone number is 510-537-2710.

If you’re interested in transferring to a 4 year California public university, consult this online resource! Counselors and students can use it to look up what community college classes (in California only) can transfer to a UC or CSU campus.  It’s handy!  However, to effectively take advantage of this website, you should also work with a counselor at College of Alameda.

Family Paths

This is a non-profit organization that supports families in Alameda county with case management and mental health services.  They are excellent if you’re having trouble with your CalWORKs benefits, housing, physical and learning disabilities, or physical and mental health challenges.  You must register with them as a client to benefit from its resources.

Bay Area Legal Aid

A non-profit organization that can assist folks with legal advice (employment, housing, and other areas of expertise are covered).  They have a free advising hotline and can arrange meeting based on need.

Our Mission

The Mission of College of Alameda is to serve the educational needs of its diverse

community by providing comprehensive and flexible programs and resources that

empower students to achieve their goals.