Business / Accounting
Abstract background depicting world trading
Welcome to the College of Alameda Business and Accounting Department
AA (Associates Arts) Accounting
AS-T (Associates Science-Transfer) Business Administration
- This 60-unit pathway program guarantees your transfer to any CSU.
Certificates of Achievement
Certificates of Proficiency:
- Small Business Administration
- Office Administration for the Logistics Industry
- Coming soon College of Alameda Urban Entrepreneur and Innovation Center and Entrepreneur Degree program.
How to Become an Accountant
Gainful Employment Information
The U.S. Department of Education requires colleges to disclose a variety of information for any financial aid eligible program that “prepares students for gainful employment in a recognized occupation”. The information provided in the link(s) below describes the graduation rates, the median debt of students who completed the program, and other important information regarding gainful employment for the latest completed academic year (as of July 1). Full-time status is defined as a student that enrolls in 12 units for both the fall and the spring semesters of a given academic year.
Program Learning Outcomes (PLOs)
- Demonstrate an understanding of the legal and social environment of business, in particular, civil and criminal law, consumer protection, and personal property rights.
- Analyze, organize and compose various types of written and oral business communications.
- Develop critical thinking skills required for transfer in business administration, accounting, economics, and other related fields.
- Understand group dynamics and work effectively in team activities within and outside the classroom.
- Analyze and solve business problems using technology.