Betty Frias-Jelks, MA., GCDF
Hello, my name is Ms. Betty. I was born and raised in San Francisco. I am Latina and the first generation in my family to graduate from college. I studied at CSU, Sacramento and obtained a Master’s degree in counseling. I lived in Napa before settling in the San Francisco Bay Area. I currently live in Oakland with my husband Alton and our dog Mia. I bring nine years of Community College Counseling experience to College of Alameda and find the work I do immensely rewarding. I have helped many students reach their educational goals. I frequently use my bi-lingual skills to converse with students in my native Spanish language.
Please make an appointment with me to get information about CTE courses, campus and community resources. I can assist you get started by creating a student educational plan that is best suited for your future goals. Please know that everyone here at College of Alameda wants to help you succeed. I look forward to meeting you.
- What a CTE Counselor can do for you?
- Provide academic, career and personal counseling and services
- Assist with the application process, course planning, registration, navigating Passport, student email accounts and student ID
- Provide clear career pathways to help students reach their goals and objective for AA-AS degrees, certificate programs and transfer options.
- Explain student services Processes: Financial Aid, CA Dream Act, scholarships, probation and dismissal appeal, graduation petitions and much more..
- Make referrals to student support programs and resources (EOPS/CalWORKs, MESA, ESL, Learning Resource Center