Training – Program & Courses
- Warehouse Operations and Forklift Certification
- Office Administration for the Logistics Industry Certificate Program
- Diesel Maintenance Technician Program
- Customized Training
The Warehouse Operations and Forklift Certification training program prepares you for entry-level work in the logistics industry. The program lasts 9 weeks and consists of four modules:
- BUS 240: Intro. to Warehouse Operations (2 units)
- CIS 205: Computer Literacy (1 unit)
- COUNS 201: Orientation to College (1 unit)
- DMECH 202: Forklift Operation and Certification (1 unit)
- LRNRE 280: Study Skills (1 unit)
- HAZMAT: Certification
- OSHA 10: General Industry Certification
- PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT: Job and career preparation
You are eligible for the program, if you meet the following requirements:
- 18 and over
- At least 6th grade reading and math skills
- Have a willingness to work
- Clean and sober
All classes are taught by experienced, credentialed instructors associated with the College of Alameda. Before you can begin, you will need to register for the program, attend an orientation, and complete an assessment . See How to Apply for more details.
The Office Administration for the Logistics Industry Certificate Program prepares you for administrative assistant jobs in the logistics industry, such as: traffic clerk, administrative assistant, shipping & receiving clerk, customer service, import/export coordinator etc. Upon completing the following courses at College of Alameda, you will have earned your certificate and 11 community college units:
- BUS 247: Introduction to Logistics for the Nontraditional Office (1 unit)
- BUS 220: Business Terminology in Logistics (2 units)
- BUS 236: Records Management in Logistics (2 units)
- CIS 1: Introduction to Computer Information systems (4 units)
- MATH 250: Elementary Algebra (or higher, depending on assessment) (3 units)
- *CIS 200: Computer Concepts & Applications or CIS 205 Computer Literacy or BUS 219 Computer Literacy
- *Recommended preparation for this program.
All classes are held at the College of Alameda campus: 555 Ralph Appezzato Memorial Parkway, Alameda.
See How to Apply for more details.
This program introduces students to Green Diesel Technology and skills. This includes Periodic Smoke Inspection, Compressed Natural Gas (CNG) Engine Service and Diesel Particulate Filter (DPF) Technology Inspection and Service. The Green Diesel Technician program provides students training for the position of Entry Level PMI Technician. This course will provide a solid foundation in shop safety and usage of tools and shop equipment.
The students will learn how to perform complete Preventive Maintenance (PM) Service and Department of Transportation (DOT) Safety Inspection.
- DMECH 248 – A/B Preventive Maintenance and Inspection
- AUTOBODY 12 – Welding 6:00pm – 10:00pm
- COUNS 201 – Orientation to College
Requirements Necessary for Student Success:
- Proficiency in math, reading, writing and basic computer skills
- Mechanical aptitude and ability for problem solving
- Commitment to life-long learning to keep pace with new technology
- Good communication skills and basic business management
- Stay sober and drug-free
Preventive Maintenance and Inspection and the Welding classes are held at The College of Alameda campus: 555 Ralph Appezzato Memorial Parkway, Alameda; the CDL Class if offered by the Northern California Teamsters Apprentice Training Trust – classes take place at an off campus location near the Oakland Airport.
If your employees need specific workplace training related to the logistics industry, contact us about ATLAS customized training. The benefits of an ATLAS customized training program include:
- On-site customized training
- Upgrade skills of current workforce based on your need
- Expanded training offerings: technical, service, and supervisory
For more information, contact: The ATLAS program at 510-748-5251