The Academic Senate makes recommendations to the college and district administration with respect to academic and professional matters as it deems appropriate. Listed below are the “10+1″ topic areas within the Senate’s purview:
The 10 + 1
1. Curriculum, including establishing prerequisites.
2. Degree and certificate requirements.
3. Grading policies.
4. Educational program development.
5. Standards or policies regarding student preparation and success.
6. College governance structures, as related to faculty roles.
7. Faculty roles and involvement in accreditation processes.
8. Policies for faculty professional development activities.
9. Processes for program review.
10. Processes for institutional planning and budget development.
11. Other academic and professional matters as mutually agreed upon.