How do I get started?

  1. OpenCCCApplyApply for admission at the Peralta Community Colleges’ website. (
  2. Submit the “California Nonresident Tuition Exemption” form to Admissions & Records A109. If you qualify, your enrollment fees change drop from $177 per unit to $46 per unit! Tip: If you are not a student with a valid visa, you will mark the second checkbox that reads “I am NOT a nonimmigrant alien (including, but not limited to, a U.S. citizen, permanent resident, or an alien without lawful immigration status).”  Include proof such as a transcript that you graduated and attended a CA high school for at least 3 years.
  3. Submit the BOG Fee Waiver   to Financial Aid in the Welcome Center. If your income qualifies, your enrollment fee will be waived.
  4. To qualify for maximum financial aid, as soon as you are able to submit a California Dream Application (undocumented AB 540 students only).
  5. Check the Peralta Foundation Scholarships for availability.